Punjabi Aatte/wheat flour halwa


Hello Dear Reader,

People cook many varieties of halwa but this is my favourite of all times besides carrot halwa. My mom cooks it the best and I tried to follow her recipe. I cooked halwa for one Indian gettogetger and well it was quite a hit and everybody praised it too.. So I share the recipe with you  in the simplest form I can ....

Recipe :
One cup atta (wheat flour) one cup ghee (melted)
Sauté on medium flame till flour and ghee is separated in PAN ... Add sugar syrup( recipe given in the end)  into it. keep the flame at sim while you add syrup(because ghee is super hot to take water, so be careful).
Increase the flame to full after adding the syrup
The halwa will absorb water in few seconds... And yes it's done :)

You can decorate it with finely chopped almonds, raisins and cashews :)

Sugar syrup -
Add 3 and half cup of water and one cup of sugar and bring it to a boil.
Punjabi Halwa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PURE rooftop by Double Tree by Hilton Doha

Art therapy session by Qatar Expat Women

Yves Rocher opens first store in Qatar